Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A letter to my children

My dear children...
This is an outpouring from my heart long before you were born.

I apologize because I might not yet be a good example for you. Take The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as an example for you, dear... Only he is able to be an example that can lead you to be a happy person eternally. 

I was only able to use my youth to avoid falling into life's complicated game.
It really is complicated my child...
Imagine…a girl must stand strong amidst the strong wind and people’s footsteps that were getting increasingly erratic...The world's deadly flirt is really sweet, my child...
But I always remember your grandmother's message to keep being a good person and obey The Creator, whatever happens...

When I was young, I liked to study people... I like to study their lives, especially to find meanings of some things in my own life... You can learn that, my dear...
This universe is a free university from The Creator to you.

My children, every human being is created uniquely by The Creator. I hope you can hold your anger when you find discrepancies, be patient, my love... That is one of the keys to happiness.

But I wish for you to hold your faith and principles solid beliefs after you dive into the holy book that have been given by The Creator. Strive to remain firm in your beliefs and principles before the era wave hits you.

As you fall in love, don't fall too far. Remember to whom you should put your deepest and real love. Remember The Creator, dear...
Fall in love to the person who can get you closer to The Creator, dear... Look at how that person treats their parents, the people around them, even those who don't contribute anything to their lives. Pay attention my dear... Please don't be fooled. Remember one day you will look after your children with that person, my dear...

Later on, each one of you will be a leader. Put Ka'ba in your heart, and useful knowledge in your mind. When the love of The Creator is embedded in your heart, that's where you vent when you are tired with this life. Useful knowledge will illuminate a dark life; make it the light in your heart...


Every part of your body that exist in your body right now, please look after them. Do not disgrace the trust of The Creator, my dear... Please take care of your physical body as part of your worship. I know there are lots of temptations, but one day your body will return to Him.


My children, fortune have already been planned. Don't complain and keep trying, dear... Stay away from the lusts of the worldly life. They are just another form of the devil who wants to take you to a horrible place.


My children, help the people who need your help. Indeed, they are the messengers of The Creator who want to test you. Give them what they need according to your ability, please try, oh dear...
Give, even if you are in a tight situation, that's where virtue lays, my child...


When you have a spouse, look after and love them. Protect them from this tough life, dear...
Remind them for the blessings of The Creator. Invite them to some good places, places where it can remind them who created them. Encourage them to always remember the name of The Creator in any situation. Encourage them to take care of their body and soul, because someday our bodies and souls will be returned to The Creator.


And please don't hesitate to remind me too :) 



Your mother,

Rafiatul Adawiyah 



P.s: Thank you so much for helping me translating this letter from Indonesian language to English language version, Ila Sabila and her husband, and Khairunnisa Ayutami Intiar :) 

2 comments:

  1. Strong words, ma sha Allah !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting and reading.. in shaa Allah, I will show it to my future children :) don't know when, but oneday :)

    ReplyDelete